You want to know if you are on the right track? Here is a set of guidelines for knowing if we are on the right track.
- The right track is the one that leads toward greater and greater health. [It is not the one that leads toward normal. “Normal” is a pretty low standard of health.]
- Health is optimized by creating what we need, recognizing that what I need is not the same as what I want. [“Wants” are objects and outcomes. “Needs” are qualities of a relationship.]
- If I am making choices that cost me what I need in order to give others what they want, I am on the wrong track.
- If I am making choices that create what I want at the expense of what others’ need, I am on the wrong track.
- When I make choices that move me toward what I need such that others also get more of what they need, I am on the right track.